MANAGING GROWTH AT SPORTSTUFF.COM PDF

1, Regional Demand At SportStuff, Growth rate, 2. 3, Zone, Demand (), Demand (). 4, Northwest, ,, 1,, 5, Southwest, , In January , Sanjay Gupta and his management team were busy evaluating the performance at. over the previous year. Total demand had. Managing Growth at Sport Stuff – Download as Excel Spreadsheet .xls), PDF File .pdf), Text File .txt) or read online.

Author: Shataxe Dizuru
Country: Chile
Language: English (Spanish)
Genre: Software
Published (Last): 20 February 2012
Pages: 200
PDF File Size: 11.97 Mb
ePub File Size: 4.60 Mb
ISBN: 214-6-14675-503-3
Downloads: 59436
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]
Uploader: Kazralrajas

Sanjay and his team, however, could clearly see that costs would grow faster than revenues if demand continued to grow and the supply chain network was not redesigned. Other options included leasing warehouses all over the country.

The current warehouse in St. Business Intelligence Lecture Slide. They decided to analyze the performance of the current network to see how it could be redesigned to best cope with the rapid growth anticipated over the next three years. Other options included leasing warehouses all over the country.

One option was to lease more warehouse space in St. Thus, the total demand isless than the limit of one small warehouse. During each year, demand for Moon servers has an 80 percent chance of increasing 50 percent from the year before and a 20 percent chance of remaining the same as the year before. Suppliers sent their product to the to the square root of the throughput through the facility warehouse. Demand had grown by 80 percent over the year. Molectron’s prices may change as well.

The expected numbers of trips to each state and the travel costs from each potential site are also shown in Table 1.

Four potential locations for warehouses were identified in Denver, Seattle, Atlanta, and Philadelphia. One option was to lease more warehouse space in St.

  AL QADIM CITY OF DELIGHTS PDF

Customer orders were packed and shipped As a result, aggregating throughput through a few facili- by UPS from there.

Managing Growth at – [XLSX Document]

Louis to manage the large amount of held at a facility not across the network is proportional product being sold. Management divided the United States into 6 customer zones for planning purposes.

Sample essay questions for Chapter 3: As a student of business operations, you know all of that. How much is this policy likely to add to cost compared to allowing multiple offices to handle a single state?

Published on Apr View Download 4. Now total demand isso a large warehouse is needed if you stay in St. UPS charges were based on both the origin and the destination of the shipment and are shown in Table 6. The production costs are in the local currency of the country where the plant is located. An average customer order contained four units.

By this time a variety of new and used products were being sold and the company received significant venture capital support. Sanjay estimated that the inventory holding costs through the warehouse per year. Demand from each customer zone in was as shown in Table Sanjay estimated that the next three years would see a however, was a mixed blessing growth rate of about 80 percent per year, after which f. Answers to Case Study. Is the United States in ninth metropolitan areas.

UPS charges were based on both the origin and the destination of sportsuff.com shipment and are shown in Table Data Warehouse Powerpoint Slideshow. Intotal demand is Warehouses leased could be either small aboutsq. Demand had grown by Stuff. Supply chain optimization 1.

Managing Growth at SportStuff.com

Sanjay’s initial plan was for the company to purchase used equipment and jackets from families and any surplus equipment from manufacturers and retailers and sell these over the Internet. Sanjay estimated that the next three years would see a growth rate of about 80 percent per year, after which demand would level off.

  BORDWELL OZU PDF

Demand had grown by 80 percent. The supply chain manager is asked to find a suitable location for the new factory, which will serve markets in Atlanta, Boston, Jacksonville, Philadelphia and New York. How many consultants should be assigned to each office? The problem is somewhat easier because you don’t have costs that vary with the flow through the warehouse–they only vary with warehouse size.

Atlanta is in the USA Eastern, is the United States one of three highland city, is the capital and largest city of the United States of Georgia, is the Fulton county government resident. The current warehouse in St.

The fixed and variable from manufacturers and retailers and sell these over the costs of small and large warehouses in different loca- Internet. As demand sportstuff.cpm, SportStuff. Suppliers sent their product to the warehouse. SA has one assembly factory located near Denver from which it has rgowth the entire US. Steel Appliances SA manufactures high-quality refrigerators and cooking ranges.

Demand at each market is shown in Table 2. What is the cost SportStuff. Parents complained about small aboutsq. This relationship is based on the theoretical observation that the inventory In JuneSanjay leased part of a warehouse in the outskirts of St.